Sunday, March 3, 2013

Back in the painters saddle?

Today I was bombarded on RWA with questions about repainting... and its been over a year since I have done anything serious. To my surprise getting back into it was like riding a bike.


The Airslides are new from Golden Age of Railroading, and are very nicely done. If you ask Michael Stephan nicely he may send the repaint PSD file (it helps!). As you can see I still have a long way to go to finish this model. I need to fix the class number, auto-numbers, ID boards, fine print, and make two more. Which translates to: "It could take months to finish". To be honest I am still not sure if I want to get back into repainting. I enjoy modeling more, and my plate is over full already. We will see.

And just to give a few tips. Brushes are your best friends. One like really like is the High Res Dirt Brush, and the other which I am itching to try is the Grunge Rusty Brush.


No comments:

Post a Comment