Monday, June 13, 2011

What's on the workbench?

Did a little QA work this week. First with MadMike's Northern Pacific GP9 and then with Dogmouse's rusted Rock Island GP9.

Both are fantastic repaints, and I learned a couple things from each: First the nose and tail plows are severely stretched  This means if you want to add details of rust or wear, you need to blend or blur your work, or it will appear blocky. Second that you need to alter this line in the engine BIN in order to see your 'outside' textures from within the cab:


<InteriorGeometryID d:type="cDeltaString">RSC\GP9Pack01\RailVehicles\Diesel\GP9\Rock\CabView\[00]gp9_cab</InteriorGeometryID>

Lastly a quick note about my own repaints... I am still working on the SP Caboose. Thomas over at BLLW was kind enough to give me a call and we quickly ironed out my problems with texturing the tool box and under carriage. He is still working on the plugs for the windows, and I am still trying to figure out how to alter the bump map to add some additional details, like vents, and window framing. I will have some screen shots of this later this week.

Update: Just a quick note that both of these repaints are now available for download at RWA.

No comments:

Post a Comment